Outing M(Other)
Outing M(Other)
A research score for one person/ 一個人的研究行動
Where
Anywhere that is not designed to acknowledge care.
A workplace, A bar, A waiting room, a ballroom..
任何一個不為承認照顧而設計的地方。 職場。酒吧。 街道。候診室。宴會廳。
The Score
Find a place to stand or sit where you will not be disturbed.
Set a timer for five minutes.
Ask yourself, quietly:
Is there a form of mothering happening here right now that is not allowed to be noticed?
Look slowly. Don't search. Just let your attention land.
Notice who is carrying something? Who is managing something? Who is making something easier for others without being seen doing it?
Notice what the space does not make room for.
When the timer ends, stay one more moment before you move.
Return what you found / 帶回你所發現的
Return your experience in any of these forms:
— A short written description (what you saw, what you felt, what the space refused to hold) — A photograph (of the space, not the person) — A voice note (speak as if you are telling a friend)
The Handover 交接
A mapping score for one or many / 一個人或許多人的繪圖行動
What you need: a piece of paper and a pen — or any drawing tool, digital or physical. A willingness to look at what you usually don't name.
一張紙和一支筆——或任何繪圖工具,紙本或數位皆可。 願意去看見那些你通常不會命名的事物。
Part One — Draw / 第一部分:繪製 Allow 10–15 minutes / 約需十至十五分鐘
Begin with your body.
從你的身體開始。
Think of the act of care that is most present in you right now.
想想那個此刻最清晰存在於你身體裡的照顧行動。
The one you carry when you wake up.
那個你醒來時就已經在背負的。
The one that follows you into every other part of your day.
那個跟著你進入每一天每一個角落的。
It doesn't have to be dramatic. It could be small.
不需要是什麼大事。可以很小。
Feeding. Remembering. Noticing. Translating. Showing up again.
餵食。記住。察覺。翻譯。再一次出現。
Write or draw that act at the centre of your page.
把那個行動寫下或畫出——放在紙的中央。
Now ask: 現在問自己:
Who else touches this act?
還有誰碰觸這個照顧行動?
Draw every person, every arrangement, every system that holds this alongside you — or beneath you — or that could, but doesn't.
畫出每一個人、每一種安排、每一個系統——那些與你一起承擔的、在你之下默默撐著的、或是本應在場卻缺席的。
Connect them to the centre.
將他們與中心連接起來。
For each connection, ask:
對每一條連線,問:
How did they come to hold this?
他們是怎麼開始承擔這個的?
Was it spoken or silent?
是說出口的,還是沉默發生的?
Was it chosen or assumed?
是主動選擇的,還是被默默假定的?
Was it paid or unpaid?
是有償的,還是無償的?
Do they know they are holding it?
他們知道自己正在承擔嗎?
Mark each connection differently: thick, thin, dotted, broken to show what kind of relation it is.
用不同方式標記每條連線——粗、細、虛線、斷裂來顯示那是什麼樣的關係。
Now place yourself somewhere on the page.
現在把自己放在紙上某個位置。
You may be at the centre.
你可能在中心。
You may not be.
你可能不在。
You may be surprised by where you land.
你可能會對自己落在哪裡感到意外。
Part Two — Share / 第二部分:分享 With one person or a group / 與一個人或一群人
Show your Meshwork to someone.
把你的網絡圖展示給某個人看。
You don't need to explain everything.
你不需要解釋一切。
Point to one connection that surprised you.
指出一條讓你感到意外的連線。
One you had never drawn before. One that troubles you, Or one that is missing that should be there but isn't.
一條你從未畫過的。一條讓你感到不安的。或者一條缺席的——本應存在卻不在的。
Listen to theirs.
聆聽對方的。
Notice what the Meshwork shares.
注意你們的網絡有什麼相同。
Notice what is completely different.
注意什麼是完全不同的。
Notice what neither of you had words for before you drew it.
注意那些在繪製之前你們都還沒有語言描述的事物。
Return what you found / 帶回你所發現的
Submit your drawing to the Soft Archive
將你的圖提交至軟檔
Add one sentence if you wish: What did drawing make visible that you had not seen before?
如果你願意,請與我們分享:繪畫讓你看到了哪些從未見過的東西?